About the Journal
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED ETHICS
University of Delhi, Delhi - India
Aim: The International Journal for Applied Ethics (IJAE) is an annual peer-reviewed journal hosted by the Centre for Ethics and Values, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, India. The very idea of Ethics and Morality is about how we should conduct ourselves in our everyday lives. Yet Philosophical Ethics tends to operate at a theoretical level that abstracts away from our day-to-day lives and the concrete issues we face therein. While such a theoretical approach to Ethics and Morality does indeed have its points of attraction and utility, it is not clear how we may conclude from its lessons about the specific situations and dilemmas of a moral nature that are faced not only by the common man in his everyday life but also by the likes of a businessman deliberating on possible business models, a lawmaker pondering over policy issues and their effects on the public, a doctor deciding on the most moral course of action in treating a patient, etc. The field of Applied Ethics attempts to fill this lacuna between the field of Philosophical Ethics and common practice. At IJAE, we believe that the true significance of any study in Ethics and Morality is borne by its bearing on real-life issues. Therefore, at IJAE, we aim to provide a forum for highlighting quality original research in Applied Ethics by publishing well-researched and well-argued papers from wide-ranging areas in any Applied Ethical field, including Business Ethics, Environmental Ethics, Ethics of Education, Ethics of Technology, Media Ethics, Medical Ethics, Research Ethics, and Ethical considerations in Social, Political, Legal, and Public Policy matters, etc.
The journal is not committed to any specific philosophical position, method, or orientation. However, we do encourage the publication of articles that meet certain criteria of clarity and precision. We aim to publish articles that ask precise philosophical questions and engage in cogent arguments to defend a clearly presented thesis. They must also be reasonably well informed by the relevant literature.
IJAE aims at the highest levels of academic honesty and integrity. Therefore, in order to minimize any possibility of academic impropriety in the evaluation of articles, we practice double-blind peer review: neither the author(s) nor the reviewers shall be made aware of the other’s identity.
Scope: The International Journal for Applied Ethics (IJAE) is an annual peer-reviewed publication providing a forum for critical thinking and constructive action at the intersections of ethics, morality, and human welfare. IJAE aims to develop theory-practice dialogues, foregrounding multiple methodologies that highlight the micro, hidden ethical and moral concerns of policies and practices in contemporary societies. Ethics connects with all the significant domains of human affairs, including business, environment, education, technology, media, medical practice, research, and various social, political, legal, and public policy matters. An illustrative list of areas of interest to the Journal include:
- Development policies: Moral and ethical concerns
- Ethical issues related to sustainable human development
- Governance, justice, and human rights
- Teaching profession and ethical issues
- Social and economic policy for sustaining peace
- Identities, conflict, and development: Ethical concerns
- Globalization and ethical concerns for building inclusive societies
- Media and ethics
- Bio-Ethics and its concerns like Medical ethics, Assisted Reproduction, etc
- Virtue ethics and human well-being
- Environmental justice and rights-based approaches to development
- Moral dimensions of poverty elimination
- Human – nature relationship: Moral and ethical concerns
- Cross-cutting themes: Morality, power, and empowerment; Culture and morality, Ethical and moral dimensions of the policies related to Women, youth, children, and other marginalized groups.